I'm that kind of Mother....

I'm the type of mother that will research something as long as it takes. I'm that mother that has to be informed, read reviews, take the advice of the Pediatrician and the Academy of Pediatrics Association. Yes, I'm the mother that has learned from other mothers what not to do, and what to do. I have learned what is good to purchase, and what is a waste of time and money.

I believe in a balanced sleep, play, eat schedule. I believe in a balanced diet. Most importantly I believe in following your guts and being on top of your child's clues.

I don't believe in having to call the pediatrician for every little thing. I believe I can do most of the foot work by research online. I want to be informed so I constantly check recalls, and check toys out before giving them to my son.

My son by no means lives in a box, but I will provide for him, and keep him safe when I can. After all, he is a child, and children will be children, isn't that the point of having a good childhood?

I'm not a super mom, I can't get everything done, but I have managed to get a good solid routine down for just about everything, that leaves plenty of time for me to play with my son and take him on play dates and adventures. Leaves me plenty of time to work on my passion and home business. No, I'm just a mom that found what works best for her family.

I cloth diaper and sometimes when it's more convenient I disposable diaper, make my own home made baby food, and sometimes I buy store brand baby food. I breastfeed, because I believe in giving my child every possible good start I can. I do cry it out for bed time and naps when called for. I read every day to my child. I believe in teaching my child young about good manners, habits, and most importantly about God. I do not co sleep because it forms hard to break habits. I do not believe in night lights, because it also forms poor habits. I do give my son a paci because it helps with his teething, and when he's just wanting to be fussy; we joke and call it our mute button.

I'm not your typical stay at home mom, or house wife, I'm so much more.

In this blog you will venture through my first year as a mother. It will detail what I have researched. It will details nutritional habits for my son, growth toys and products. It will detail all that is important to a mother.

So enjoy and I hope to learn from you and perhaps you can learn from me. Yes, I'm neurotic, I make schedules, calendars, and detailed nutritional guides. I want the best for my son, nothing less will suffice.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Our First steps into the great unknown of Solid foods.

So, at Jayden's 4 month check up, with his weight gain, and milestones, and of course his horrible reflux, the Pedi said it was time to start introducing solids. 


We started wee man on Rice Cereal for a week. He did really well.


 First Taste and He LOVED it.

 More mommy, MORE!

 His very first taste of solids! Was interesting to say the least.

 He got so excited that he hit the spoon and it went ALL over his face. lol.

 Lets get to this mama! All ready to eat!




We then went on to carrots. Yum! He actually LOVED his carrots. Made me so Proud! One proud mama here!
 I Love my Carrots THIS much mama!

He's quite the messy eater. lol. 


We then Ventured into Apples!

 Ready to start my Apples mama!

 He was so tired after eating, he fell asleep. lol. 

 First taste of Apples. 

 Oh, I like those mama, keep them coming.

 Lets get going mama!
 Yum! 

We then ventured in to Oatmeal and Peas. By the way, He LOVES his oatmeal WAY more than the rice cereal. We both eat our oatmeal in the morning, and he has his rice at night. He has Fruits in the morning now, and veggies at night. 


Peas = YUM! He actually LOVES his peas

 YUM Oatmeal. He prefers it over the Rice cereal

 First taste of oatmeal with his peas!

 His daily food of Oatmeal and Peas




After his Peas, we went into wheat cereal, and bananas. Out of ALL the fruits, nanners are his favorite. 


 Bananas and Oatmeal =HUGE success!

 He was determined to get me to give him more, after he ate one full tub of bananas and his oatmeal already! 

 He decided it was fun to finger paint!

 His very first taste of bananas!




Then we went into green Beans, again he loved his green beans. Strange, that my child prefers his veggies over his fruits. But hey, that's something he takes after his mama. I loved my veggies as a kid, still do! His dad on the other hand, preferred fruits, in fact he still does. 

This is the only photo I got of him eating green beans, and he loved them

Next on our list were Peaches. Unfortently, although he loved Peaches, he has an intolerance, and had an allergic reaction, a pretty bad one, to the peaches. So Peaches are now off his list as of now. We will try them again in 3-6 months since some children grow out things like this. 

 He decided he wanted to take his spoon and play with him.

 He attempted to feed himself, and when he couldn't he threw it.

 Again trying to figure out how to put it in his mouth

 Loves his peaches, but, he's allergic as of now. 

 Getting his peaches!

 First taste of peaches

Next on our list was Squash! He had a blast with these. 

 Having fun at dinner time!

 Loves stealing his spoon

 Playing with his dinner, hey sometimes you have fun.

 Happy baby, loves to eat though!

 Checking out this spoon thing.

 YUM Squash mommy!

 First taste of the Squash

 Hey I like these!

 Just loves to try and use his spoon



Pears were next. He hasn't seemed to like or dislike them. He eats them. Sometimes he fusses about them, but mostly because he's a little over hungry.


 Pears and Oatmeal for breakfast!

 Give me that spoon mama!

 Yum, pears!

 Hmmm, 

 I see it on the spoon, not sure I want it. 



We are graduating stage one baby food in a week. All he has left is sweet potatoes for three days, and three days of prunes. We will be going to stage two baby food, with a whole new menu. We added juice, snack items, and yogurt. =) So we have another exciting Month of baby food! =) So excited! Stay tuned to watch Jayden grow through this with us. 

Have a great night, and stay tuned in for the next blog, that one will be on sleep training. What has worked, what hasn't. All the research we have done. Have a great night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment