I'm that kind of Mother....

I'm the type of mother that will research something as long as it takes. I'm that mother that has to be informed, read reviews, take the advice of the Pediatrician and the Academy of Pediatrics Association. Yes, I'm the mother that has learned from other mothers what not to do, and what to do. I have learned what is good to purchase, and what is a waste of time and money.

I believe in a balanced sleep, play, eat schedule. I believe in a balanced diet. Most importantly I believe in following your guts and being on top of your child's clues.

I don't believe in having to call the pediatrician for every little thing. I believe I can do most of the foot work by research online. I want to be informed so I constantly check recalls, and check toys out before giving them to my son.

My son by no means lives in a box, but I will provide for him, and keep him safe when I can. After all, he is a child, and children will be children, isn't that the point of having a good childhood?

I'm not a super mom, I can't get everything done, but I have managed to get a good solid routine down for just about everything, that leaves plenty of time for me to play with my son and take him on play dates and adventures. Leaves me plenty of time to work on my passion and home business. No, I'm just a mom that found what works best for her family.

I cloth diaper and sometimes when it's more convenient I disposable diaper, make my own home made baby food, and sometimes I buy store brand baby food. I breastfeed, because I believe in giving my child every possible good start I can. I do cry it out for bed time and naps when called for. I read every day to my child. I believe in teaching my child young about good manners, habits, and most importantly about God. I do not co sleep because it forms hard to break habits. I do not believe in night lights, because it also forms poor habits. I do give my son a paci because it helps with his teething, and when he's just wanting to be fussy; we joke and call it our mute button.

I'm not your typical stay at home mom, or house wife, I'm so much more.

In this blog you will venture through my first year as a mother. It will detail what I have researched. It will details nutritional habits for my son, growth toys and products. It will detail all that is important to a mother.

So enjoy and I hope to learn from you and perhaps you can learn from me. Yes, I'm neurotic, I make schedules, calendars, and detailed nutritional guides. I want the best for my son, nothing less will suffice.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spanking....

Today, I was asked what my views on spanking were. I will take a second and go over that with ya'll.

First I want to make it clear that My Husband and I believe in "Spare the Rod, and Spoil The Child."

Too often people take that incorrectly. They tweak it into something it is not.

As far as my Husband and I are concerned, this is how we interpret it best to our knowledge. If you must discipline, and you must do it spanking, there are guidelines.

1) NEVER, ever, EVER spank when you are angry. EVER. It is best to send the child to their room to cool off, and then you yourself cool off.

2) NEVER, ever, EVER spank using your hand. HANDS are made to love on your child. Not to harm or cause pain to your child. Use something else. Use something that is NOT to cause harm, but to discipline. For example, a small wooden ruler, a small wooden baking spoon. SMALL, not huge, not thick, small.

3) Always remind your child you love them, and remind them that to not receive another spanking that they need to start listening. That you tell them to do things, to keep them safe, or to show them  how much you love them. Love on them.


So, My views on spanking are as such.

I believe it can be good deterrent, or discipline procedure. However, I will only use it if it works. If Jayden is like my sister or my husband, and laughs every time he gets spanked, well then, we will move onto the next discipline procedures. We will keep doing this until we find what works best.

Did it work for me, yes. Was it done correctly with me, no. I was made to go pick a switch from the tree, and come back with it. If I took too long I got more spankings. I don't believe in this.

Will I be spanking my Son, I do not know as of now. It will be one of those things, we will see when it happens.

So, that's my view on spanking in a nut shell, so until the next time, have a great night!

Oh and one more thing.

Arizona Mommies, we are starting a play date, a weekly one. Sometimes it's a park, sometimes it will be a paid event like the zoo or something. Sometimes it will be at a house, just whatever the group decides and can afford. So check it out. We have not yet set up next weeks adventure, so check in and lets get talking about it. =)

Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Here is our Arizona Mommies group.

    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_170331066348649

    ReplyDelete